Teenagers seeking a drivers license are required to complete the Segment I and II phases.
- 24 hours of classroom instruction and 6 hours behind the wheel.
- Students must be at least 14 years and 8 months of age.
- A written test consisting of 100 questions must be completed with a passing score of 80%. Students may retake the written exam until a passing score is achieved.
- Upon conclusion of the class, a certificate of completion will be issued.
- Students are then able to obtain a Level 1 license which entails 50 hrs behind the wheel including 10 hrs at night with an adult 21+ yrs of age.
- 6 hours of classroom instruction
- May register 90 days after receiving the Level 1 license.
- 180 days after this class, students become road test eligible. Upon passing the road test, teens will then aquire a certificate and a Level 2 restricted license. Level 2 teens cannot drive alone between the hours of 12-5 a.m. unless to and from work.